On Thursday Sep 15th I started having mild contraction in the morning but they went away after a few hours. I went to work and I had a surprise baby shower, they gave me so many presents and the food was very good. I left from work at 3 pm because I had appointment with Dr. Cooper at 4 pm. She checks my pelvis for the first time and it was 50% effaced and 2 1/2 cm dilated. When I got home I put the baby presents together and prepared the baby bag that I was going to take to the hospital because I did not have anything ready. I ate dinner with Andy like at 8:30 pm; I felt a contraction again but I ignored it. I went to my room to study but the contractions were too often and the pain was getting stronger, I started packing my suitcase just in case. Andy came to our room and I told him what was happening and he also started packing. I started counting my contractions and I was having them to close to each other. One hour later Andy said let's call the doctor and go to the hospital, but I was not sure if I was ready because my due date still was going to be in 3 more weeks, I took a shower and it help a little but not for too long. Andy took a shower and after that we decided to go to the hospital, we got there at 11:15 pm. I told them that I was having contractions so the nurse took our information and took us to a room and make us wait until they have the permission to check me because I was not 40 weeks yet. My doctor was on call that night so they talked with her and she gave the permission I was almost 37 weeks pregnant. When the nurse finally check on me I was 6 cm dilated and I told the nurse to have the epidural so I got the IV fluids right away and a few blood test were send to the lab. At 1:30 am the anesthesiologist came to our room and when she got there the first thing I said to her was that I love her so after the epidural took like 20 minutes until I was not feeling any contractions at all, at that point I was 7 almost 8 dilated. Susan was there outside in the waiting room. Andy and I took a long nap because I did not make too much progress from 8 to 10. At 4:20 am the doctor broke my water when I was almost 10 dilated. After a while I started feeling like upset stomach and pressure in my cervix and the nurse told me I was ready to push. The pushing was like a minute and I pushed once and his head was already there, his head was small, I saw it with a mirror. So they told me to stopped and went to call the doctor but I felt something and it was the baby coming out by himself, the nurse told me not to push and I told her that I was not doing anything, they hold him and when the doctor came finish pull him out, Andy cut his umbilical cord. My parents could not come because they were taking care of our daughter Daphne only Andy was there helping me the whole time and it made it easy. Maxwell Andrew was born at 4:41 am on Sep 16th. He weighed 6 lbs 13.2 and was 19 1/2 inches long. I had him for a few hours and later the nurse took him to the NICU for testing to make sure he was in good condition and for precaution because he born early. Everything was perfect so they let us have him in our room but they went to check on him very often. In my opinion he looks a lot like his father but we will see how he looks later. We left home on Sunday Sep 18th after he had the circumcision that by the way Andy and I went to see how it was done, he cried a lot. We wait for 2 more hours because the nurse needed to check on him that was not having complications and we finally left at 3 pm. He is a good baby, sleeps a lot and eats very well. The childrens are blessing from God and we are blessed to have 2.
Max did not have a name when he born so Andy and I started looking for names when we were at the hospital because was going to be easy with his birth certificate and social security number. Andy pick a lot of names and put it in order he like them and I saw them and pick only 3 names (Maxwell--Andy preferred Maximillian--, Oliver and Dylan I also like Jonathan but Andy has a friend with that name. I want him to have Andy’s name as his middle name) so we finally decided on Sunday the day we were leaving.
He looks so much like Daphne when he born
Mommy feeling much better and happy
Here is a proud daddy
Grandma did not sleep until baby born. she was very happy
The big sister taking with abuelo orlando on the cell about her a little brother
Daphne is playing to be a doctor with daddy at the hospital
Cute picture the abuelos Balza with the grandkids
...The cute Maxwell Andrew Ogzewalla....
He is so cute. Since I wasn't able to come to your baby shower I still need to come bring you guys something. Hope you are feeling ok. Let me know if you need a meal. See you later. Congrats to all of you!
ReplyDelete