Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dapne's Arrival to the world

On Monday the 7th it was my last appointment before my due date and I was 70% effaced and 3 cm dilated. I planned to induce on Monday the 14th in case she did not come, but the doctor said that she was confident the baby would come on its own before that. On December 8th around 3 pm I went with Andy and Susan to eat at Olive Garden and coming out from the car and waking towards the restaurant I felt a contraction that was different than before. I told Andy that I was feeling abdominal pain. I decided to eat anyway because I was hungry and because if for sure we were going to the hospital that night I would not be able to eat until I had the baby. After lunch we went home and when I got there I started having contractions very often and very painful. Almost 1 hour later Andy said let's call the doctor and go to the hospital, but I was not sure if it was a good idea. I did not want to be sent home from the hospital. We got there at 6 pm. I told them that I was having contractions so the nurse took us straight to a room and began monitoring me to see my progress. My constractions there slow down a little bit, 2 hours later I was 5 cm and that is when they decided to live me at the hospital. I was trying to be strong but I made it to 6 cm and 90% effaced. I told the nurse to have the epidual so I got the IV fluids right away. My doctor was off that day so Doctor Lynch was going to deliver my baby. The rest of the experience was much better, I was very relaxed, watched a movie with my parents and I took a nice nap. At 9 pm the doctor broke my water. I did not feel any contraction. It was the best thing ever. After a while I had not made much progress, so the nurse gave me some pitocin. That helped me finish dilating. The pushing was 45 minutes but it did not feel that long to me. My mom and Andy were there helping me. It was an amazing experience to see the baby coming out from me, I cried for happines. Daphne Karina was born at 1:33 am on Dec 9th on her due date, weighed 7lbs 9.1oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She is so pretty and has a lot of hair. Seeing her makes it all worth it. Many people think that she looks like me but i think she is a lot like her father. I am so blessed to have a beautiful daughter and the best husband ever. He was such a great support through the whole labor and after. It help me to recover quickly. I know my Heavenly Father loves me a lot.












2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, my favorite little Ogzewalla!! She's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such great parents. We were so glad that we were able to come and meet her. She is so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete